ORGANIZE | Get a Clean House Without Being Overwhelmed

Cleaning is tedious.

It takes time, a lot of effort and generally tire you out. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the amount of time taken to ensure my home is an orderly haven. And when I got overwhelmed, my house honestly will be left looking like a pigsty (true story).

First of all, we are all busy. As I am grinding everyday for my start-up businesses, I'll be completely exhausted by the end of the day and would rather sleep than to spend any energy left cleaning. And some of us rather spend quality time with our family than spending a good three to five hours doing chores.

Actual photo of what I'd rather do instead
But I love a clean, fresh, immaculate house. 

However, I don't want too much time obsessing over it.

The solution that I find work best for me is to break down the chores into weekly tasks. We all know that one cannot eat an elephant in one bite, and so I believe I shouldn't try to clean my whole house in half a day. Dividing chores into different days allows me to breathe easier while ensuring my house is not turning into Trevor Philips' in GTA 5.


The schedule is pretty straightforward. I start by scheduling the essential tasks that I have to do everyday. These are pretty simple chores to make sure everything is generally clean everyday, instead of just one area.

Then I assign different areas to be cleaned thoroughly in different days. I decided to tackle our living area thoroughly on Mondays, as we spent a bulk of our weekends hanging out there. I also considered about my daily schedule before assigning each area to each day. For example, I tend to spend the largest amount of time deep cleaning the kitchen, so I choose Wednesday since I typically am a bit more free.
I also schedule my monthly, quarterly and annual maintenance list to make sure everything is deep cleaned and refreshed. This is important for me as it will extend the longevity of my household items.

Since employing this roster system, I am more relaxed and only have to spend around 30 minutes each day decluttering my house instead of five long, torturous hours. Of course there are days when I just don't feel like doing it, and I'm sure you do too. But that's okay. As long as you keep up with the schedule next time, your house will always stay fresh and becomes a sanctuary you need. It is best if you can display the roster in a high traffic area in your house like the kitchen, so it is always easy for you to refer. I attach my schedule to the fridge, but I think I'm going to put them in a nice frame in the future.

To help you kick start having the roster system in your house, I have attached the schedule at the link provided  below for you to download and use if you find that it is what you need and it is functional for you. You can download the Microsoft Word format if you need to edit the schedule to your preference, or just simply use the PDF and print away.


I hope this post will inspire you to have a system to clean your house so you can spend more time doing what you love while still having a beautiful, tidy home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment