DIY | Easy Chic Desk Accessories


Acrylic and lucite desk accessories are making their way into many homes and hearts lately. Their modern, sleek look work so well especially in small spaces. I love how they make my desk look more open, providing homes for my stationery and reduce clutter. Since I spend a lot of my time working in my home office, I was thinking to refresh my desk and have a beautiful desk set I will enjoy during working hours.

I especially love Kate Spade's Strike Gold acrylic desk set but the price runs pretty steep. I especially am fond with the gold accents that gives off glam touch without being tacky.

Kate Spade Strike Gold Pen Holder


Luck was on my side because I found acrylic boxes at Mr.DIY one day and so, I decided to do a simple DIY inspired by the desk set and gives my desk a fresh look.


These acrylic containers are actually stackable. They come with lids and the lids just made the refresh so much easier! I bought a roll of metallic gold craft paper from my local art store and get to work (barely any work though..)


Basically I just trace the paper according to the lid size and fit it inside the rim.


Once I get the perfect fit, the next step is just to put the container on top of the stackable lid.


DONE!


If your containers do not have lids however, don't fret. You can easily use PVA glue, spread it thinly on the back of the craft paper and stick it down at the base of the container. What I love about this DIY is not only it is super simple, you can easily change craft papers for a totally different look! You can use rose gold for a trendy look, or floral paper for a shabby chic look. What about marble or wood grain contact paper? The possibilities are endless.

Since acrylic and lucite containers are so versatile, they belong to other parts of your house as well. As a catch-all trays, toothbrush holders, honey sticks container, as a vase and so much more.


I also found the acrylic tape holders at Mr.DIY if you are interested.


I hope this will inspire you to refresh your desk so it can be a space you enjoy and love. 8 hours a day, you might as well be in a beautiful place. Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment